Contract Supervisor - South & West Midlands based in Halesowen
At the forefront of green service provision across the UK since 1989, Glendale offers innovative solutions for the total management and maintenance of the green environment.
The Contract Supervisor will run the day-day operation of the contract planning the tasks and resources to ensure a high quality, efficient and safe service.
Key responsibilities of the role are
- Organise staff and teams to deliver the service in line with Glendale Live schedules
- Liaise with the Regional Manager on staffing requirements, using reports and plans
- Monitor progress and performance using Glendale Live and other company systems
- Undertake quality monitoring of work completed and provide reports
- Organise call outs, out of hours and holiday rotas to ensure that there are sufficient resources to meet service requirements
- Assist in the interview, selection and employment of fixed term and permanent staff, following the company pay structure, in line with company procedure and ensuring all related administration is completed promptly.
- Ensure that all employees/subcontractors are effectively managed and employee records are kept up-to-date.
- Maintain good employee relations and ensure expectations are understood and met.
- Assist in the delivery of staff training plans to ensure mandatory compliance needs are met and skill levels are developed.
- Undertake incident investigations and support the Regional Manager in respect of any disciplinary matters and corrective actions.
- Evaluate vehicle and machinery requirements and maintain them in accordance with company systems and manufacturers recommendations.
- Ensure all equipment is checked and safe for use by appropriately qualified staff.
- Assist the Regional Manager in providing information for the client as required.
- Attend client meetings with the Regional Manager and deputise as required from time to time.
- Maintain excellent communication internally and with the client and members of the public.
- Liaise with Client Officers to: agree programmes of work, discuss technical matters, inspect and certify completed work, agree additional works, resolve issues
- To make recommendations on improvement to specified service standards.
- Ensure the completion of the workforce timesheets.
- Monitor and approve holidays for the workforce to ensure specification compliance.
- Provide data for pricing of additional work for the client and other external customers. Produce quotations for additional works and submit them to the Regional Manager for approval.
- Plan and oversee the effective delivery of additional works.
- Fully participate in health and safety compliance and the overall company health and safety culture.
- Undertake safety inspections on a regular basis.
- Ensure all incidents, near hits and safety observations are recorded on GlenSafe in a timely manner.
- Conduct investigations into safety incidents as required.
- Organise contract safety meetings and toolbox talks.
- Support the maintenance of Environmental Standards and compliance with the BS EN ISO 14001:1996 standard at the contract.
- Deputise for the Regional Manager during periods of absence.
- Strong leadership skills
- Relationship building & team building skills
- Good presentational & IT skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Vitality and resilience under pressure
- Numerically confident and competent
- Able to produce professional written reports
- Strong in planning and time management
- The ability to champion QESH compliance and continuous improvement
- A clear identification with the requirements of Glendale customers
- A full, clean driving licence is an essential requirement for this role.
What can Glendale offer you?
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal - discounts on travel booking, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
We are proud to be Equal Opportunity employers and are committed to inclusion and diversity
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion