Grounds Maintenance Operative
Drax Power Station - Selby
40 Hours per week
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader providing green services to private and public sector businesses.
The main purpose of this role is to provide an effective grounds maintenance service. The Grounds maintenance Operative will be required to have an understanding in garden maintenance and have an understanding of the machinery used to carry out grounds maintenance tasks.
Work outdoors and contribute to the maintenance of open spaces and the care of green spaces.
Duties will include hedge trimming, clearing leaves, shrub bed maintenance, sweeping, garden clearance and litter as required.
- The ideal candidate must be keen to learn, enjoy a challenge, be honest, hardworking, reliable and personable and have a keen interest in horticulture. In return, we offer a competitive remuneration package which is tailored to your skills and qualifications.
- Previous knowledge of Grounds Maintenance skills and horticulture are desirable, however training will be provided.
- Previous experience of handheld machinery is desirable, however full training will be given.
- Operative must hold a full, clean UK driving license
- Reliable and conscientious with a can do attitude
- A willingness to learn
- Ability to work on one's own initiative
- Previous experience of grounds maintenance work, horticultural tasks.
What can Glendale offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Employee discount portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Career progression, training and development
Glendale is a well-established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.