Glendale Managed Services, the ‘green services’ division of Alston Investments Ltd, has revenues of circa £50 million and operates throughout the UK. Glendale’s activities include grounds management, arboriculture, landscaping, estate management, vegetation control, woodland management, supply and relocation of plants and semi-mature trees, winter services and the management of sports facilities.
At the forefront of green service provision across the UK since 1989, Glendale offers innovative solutions for the total management and maintenance of the green environment.
As a Team leader you will report into the Contract Supervisor. The Contract Supervisor will have the organisation skills required to manage the day-to-day operation of the contract, working with the Contract Supervisor to ensure the delivery of the contract.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Liaise with your line manager to ensure the teams have the resources required to fulfil their tasks.
- Liaise with the line manager on staffing requirements by producing and using reports and plans.
- Be involved with the interviewing and recruitment of new employees, following the company's recruitment and onboarding procedure, ensuring the compliance of the contract within the company.
- Monitor and approve operative holidays.
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc work programmes, and assist with service delivery to ensure work programme tick sheets are administratively maintained.
- Prioritise the workload of the team.
- Monitor the efficiency and organise the maintenance of vehicles and machinery.
- Issue rectification and improvement notices to the appropriate teams, ensuring they are fully conversant with the conditions of the notice.
- Communicate with customers and with your line manager on work related issues.
- Communicate with your line manager on employee absences.
- Communicate with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Monitor work in line with inspection programmes and the quality assurance method statement.
- Make recommendations on improvements to services.
- Ensure the completion of workforce timesheets.
- Provide quotations for services.
- Support the maintenance of Environmental Standards and compliance with the BS EN ISO 14001:1996 standard at the contract.
- Undertake any duties as may reasonably be required.
Health and Safety
- To act in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Glendale Health and Safety Policy at all times
- To carry out instructions from your Line Manager in accordance with Glendale’s Health and Safety Policy, Glendale’s Codes of Practice, Glendale’s Quality Management Systems and the Employee Handbook.
- To be knowledgeable of Health and safety regulations within your workplace and the activities that you are carrying out.
- Ensure you have completed the necessary induction and health and safety modules prior to commencement of any works.
- You must be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and that of others, in your working environment,
- To promote safe working practices at all times and to ensure that all equipment is safe to use.
Machine Maintenance and Security
- To ensure that you are knowledgeable of the suitability of all machinery/equipment used in accordance with the task you are doing and it is safe to use.
- To ensure the correct use of all machinery/equipment in accordance with its handbook.
- To ensure that any machinery/equipment that does not operate correctly is reported immediately to your Line Manager and a defect tag is filled out and attached.
- To ensure that any check/maintenance sheets are completed and passed to your Line Manager.
- To ensure that all machinery/equipment is secured at all times (when not in use).
Quality and Customer Care
In accordance with our ISO9001 Accreditation and the Glendale Quality Management Systems.
- To ensure that you are aware of your tasks and targets for each day and to ensure that you are fully aware of the standard required for each task.
- To monitor and maintain your work output to a satisfactory level and standard.
- To ensure that you and any lower graded staff conduct yourself in a polite and friendly manner at all times.
- To ensure that any associated administration is completed and returned to the office within the required timescales.
In accordance with our ISO14001 Accreditation.
- To ensure that you operate your duties in a way that minimises our impact upon the environment. This will include the safe and efficient use of fuels/oils, the correct handling and disposal of waste materials.
- To ensure that any spillage of fuels or chemicals are dealt with quickly and efficiently and in accordance with the regulations.
The above lists are not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably required by the company. If you are unsure of any of the above items it is your responsibility to raise them with your Line Manager. The Team Leader will hold a full, clean UK driving licence.
It is desirable to hold the following qualifications:
- a horticultural qualification and or demonstrable experience of a horticultural or grounds maintenance environment
- a recognised practical qualifications such as in chainsaw/ pesticide
- a CSCS card.
- A high level of initiative and self motivation.
- Strong relationship building skills coupled with excellent communication skills.
- A self motivated individual.
- Flexible approach to duties.
- Customer/client care focus.
- Leadership and communication skills
We are proud to be Equal Opportunity employers and are committed to inclusion and diversity